Lawrence County road work report
The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Lawrence County next week. All planned work is weather permitting.
- State Route 217 culvert replacement – Starting 8 a.m. Monday, Lawrence County Ohio Department of Transporation crews will close State Route 217 between Pleasant Ridge Road and State Route 218 for 10 days. Traffic will be detoured around the closure via State Route 775, State Route 7 and State Route 217. Estimated completion: 4 p.m. Friday.
- U.S. 52 rockslide remediation – U.S. 52 westbound is reduced to one lane between the Ashland, Kentucky Twin Bridges and Lick Creek Road for median barrier wall construction. Construction includes blasting and excavating rock from the hillside at various locations, paving and guardrail installation. Traffic will be maintained in at least one lane each direction throughout construction, with possible full closure of the route for interim, short-term periods during blasting operations. Estimated completion: Summer.
- State Route 7 rockslide remediation – State Route 7, westbound between Buffalo Creek Road and Tallow Ridge Road, is reduced to one lane. Additional traffic control measures may be necessary as construction progresses. Estimated completion: Fall.
- State Route 93 bridge replacement – State Route 93 is reduced to one lane, just south of the Telegraph Hill Road intersection. Traffic is being maintained using temporary signals. In June, the road will close for 14 days as part of this construction. Estimated completion: Summer.
- State Route 775 bridge replacement – State Route 775, immediately south of the Long Branch Road intersection, is reduced to one lane. Traffic will be maintained using temporary signals. In June, State Route 775 will close for 14 days as part of this construction. Expected completion: Summer.
- State Route 522 resurfacing – State Route 522 between State Route 93 and the Scioto County line will be reduced to one lane daily from 7 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Traffic will be maintained using flaggers. Estimated completion: Summer.
For more detailed traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute, download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com.