Jump start back into school with BCPL and Tutor.com
ASHLAND — Students of all ages can access free on-demand real-time tutoring with a library card from Boyd County Public Library.
The Tutor.com Learning Suite, a service of The Princeton Review, combines tutoring services with several self-study tools to create a robust, personalized learning, test prep and job search experience. Any cardholder can access the features from any computer or mobile device connected to the internet by visiting www.thebookplace.org and clicking on Tutor.com.
“Tutor.com is one of several digital features we offer patrons to better their skills and grades,” said library director Debbie Cosper. “Since our school-aged children are heading back to the classrooms this month, we want to make sure they know this free resource is available to them with a library card.”
Tutor.com has a network of more than 3,000 professional academic and career tutors who are ready to help with just about any question students may have. The self-study tools provide additional modes of support that are available 24/7.
• Academic tutoring is available to students in kindergarten through second-year college students as well as adult learners. Subjects include math, English, Spanish, social studies, ACT/SAT, GED/HiSet, Microsoft Office and writing.
• Drop-off reviews allow students or adults working on essays, book reports, short stories, college/scholarship application essays, resumes and cover letters or tough math problems to receive overnight detailed guidance and explanations.
• SAT/ACT Essentials from The Princeton Review self-study modules help prepare students for the SAT or ACT and includes full-length practice tests, a diagnostic score report, supporting video lessons and practice drills and college application advice.
• Practice quizzes help students prepare for an end-of-the chapter test, a final exam or a standardized test.
• Study resources provide 24/7 access to thousands of resources including instructional videos, downloadable practice worksheets, customizable flashcards. Job seekers have access to resume templates, job search websites and career advice.
• Job search assistance provides one-on-one coaches in a supportive and encouraging environment for help with job searching, online applications, resume writing, interview preparation and much more.
Boyd County Public Library is the largest public library in Eastern Kentucky with more than 25,000 patrons and locations in Ashland (1740 Central Ave.), Catlettsburg (2704 Louisa Street) and at the Kyova Mall as well as an online branch at www.thebookplace.org. The library is open seven days a week and offers free resources, programs and events enabling people of any income level to participate and attend.